Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sunny Saturday



Today was the most beautiful sunny day! Around here, winter usually lasts from the end of November to the beginning to mid April...it lasts far too long.  As you can imagine, this means that sunny days are few and far between.  Very few, and very far between.  So when the sun is shining, I try my best to appreciate it to its fullest and keep the memory close so as to last me until the next sunny day.  I love sunshine, and as soon as it visits me I am hopeful that spring is just around the corner, even though that idea is absolutely ridiculous.  Perhaps the only good thing about our long winters is that I am given ample opportunity to wear all of my winter threads, of which I have many.


This wool Woolrich sweater has been just perfect for this fourteen degree day! It is quickly becoming a wardrobe staple, as I am usually always cold.  I wore it, along with this vintage hat and my new boots from this post on a trip to a thrift shop in my neighborhood.  Because this thrift shop is only open Tuesday and Saturday mornings, I haven't visited it in years.  Well, it certainly was bustling this morning! I wore my hat inside, which got me a few quizzical looks and one compliment from an older lady, who I have a feeling is probably a kindred spirit.  I had luck there, as I found a pair of brand new '90's brown leather lace-up ankle boots in my size.  Now I have black and brown boots...perfect!


The rest of my afternoon was spent reading a book for a book club I just started.  Now, Dan and I are going into town to eat at Molly Brannigan's, thanks to my brother and his thoughtful Christmas gift! Crossing my fingers for more sun tomorrow!

Photos by Dan.

Vintage hat: thrifted.
Woolrich sweater: thrifted.
Chambray shirt: Gap (last summer).
Jeans: J Crew Factory (Christmas gift).
Black ankle boots: thrifted.
90's Coach purse: Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)