Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nifty Thrifts




I've been having some pretty good luck thrifting lately, which is so exciting! It can be so frustrating trying to find items that fit well second hand.  I was pretty bummed yesterday, for example, when I entered the Salvation Army dressing room with a cart full of AMAZING clothes and left with only one blouse and one pair of shoes.  I've purchased a few really nice things lately, though, so I really shouldn't complain.  

I styled today's outfit around the navy blue polka dot blouse I'm wearing.  I found it at a Goodwill in Bradford, and I'd say it's from the 1970's judging by the collar.  I'm a big fan of polka dots, so I was pretty excited when I found this gem! The mustard yellow sweater was purchased while I was in college.  It was part of a skirt suit set, and a dear friend of mine and I would often plan days where she would wear the matching skirt while I was wearing the sweater...I miss those days.

Now, time for a confession.  The Dooney & Burke purse featured is a knock-off.  I wasn't sure if it was authentic or not when I found it at a local consignment shop a few summers back, but I bought it anyways because I really liked and it was well priced, so I wasn't devastated to learn that it wasn't real.

Tomorrow I'm debating using my day off to travel to Pittsburgh and try my hand at thrifting there.  I suppose we'll see!




Photos by Dan.

Vintage mustard yellow sweater: thrifted.
Vintage polka dot blouse: thrifted.
Jeans: J Crew
Polka dot socks: my mom's (we shared).
Brown leather loafers: Cole Haan
Green and brown knock-off purse: consignment.
Watch: Timex.
Gold earrings and pearl ring: both belonged to my mom growing up and were gifts to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)