Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The beauty around us






Not long ago, my school provided an in-service called Arts Day.  I was very excited as soon as I heard about it, and my excitement mounted when I heard what classes we could attend.  I chose Intro to Photography and Knitting.  One of the high school art teachers, who had taught a Photoshop class at a previous in-service, taught the photography class, and it was fantastic!  Not only did she give us beginners lessons in the basics of photography, but she also showed each of us how to properly use our own cameras.  Now, Dan knows how to use the camera just fine, but I, on the other hand, really benefited from someone showing me what all of the different buttons were used for.  Once she thought we were adequately prepared, she let us go outside and explore the grounds with our cameras.  A few of these pictures were taken that day, and a couple were taken this weekend.  I know they're not amazing, but I'm hoping that if I document my photography from the beginning and keep up with it, I'll be able to see some improvement after awhile.  Someday I'm going to take a photography class...someday.

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos! i love pretty flowers!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos, spring is really here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I encourage you to take an analog photography class, I think you'd really enjoy it. :) They might not be around too much longer either, or at least be hard to find...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your photos are great. I especially like the tree and the apple. It is pretty cool to be able to attend photography class!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)