As I understand it, I am now to post seven facts about myself. I'm fairly open about my life on my blog, so some of these facts you may already know and some may be new information. Hope you enjoy!
1. I love glitter. Throughout college, every time I spotted a piece of stray glitter somewhere, I would pick it up and stick it on my face. I would still have this habit to this very day if it weren't socially unacceptable. I feel like this grown-up job has a downside-having to act like a grown-up.
2. I love cats! I had two kitties at the start of the year named Honey and Nippy that I'd had since I was little (Nippy is pictured in a few photos on the blog). Both passed away, and now I have no kitties! Sadly, I have to wait until I move out of my parents house to acquire more cats.
3. I'm learning to sew, and my first project was these Apple icon pillows that I made my boyfriend for Christmas, with the help of my mom.
Dan was so happy, he posted a picture of them on Reddit, and someone even wrote an article about them here: http://walyou.com/web-icon-pillows/
4. In college, my friends and I had a "Dress Up Club" where we'd get together and play dress up. It was so much fun! We'd meet at one of our dorms and we'd each bring our favorite articles of clothing and accessories and put them all in a big pile. Then we'd go crazy dressing up in each other's clothes and making outlandish outfits. I miss it!
5. I live by two lakes: a fairly small like named Edinboro Lake, which is within walking distance of my house, and Lake Erie, about a 30 minute drive away. It makes for a fun-filled summer. My parents have a cabin cruiser boat, and they just recently purchased a small sail boat with some friends, so this summer I'm going to learn to sail. I love being on the water!
6. I played the alto saxophone in my high school marching band. It was an amazing experience. Our band had around 150 members, which made it really fun!
This photo is from my freshman year of high school. I'm second from the left on the bottom row in all my braces-clad glory.
7. Last May, I graduated with a Bachelor's in Library Science, and in July I started my first grown-up job as a middle school librarian. My mom is a middle school home economics (family and consumer science) teacher, so I guess working with middle schoolers is in the genes!