Saturday, February 5, 2011

Really New Boots!



Dan and I had plans to shoot outside today, but by the time he got here this afternoon it was snowing very hard outside, as is evidenced by the photo above.  Don't worry, though, my day can't be ruined by the snow because today I got...new boots!

Now, when deliberating about this whole New Year's resolution, I realized that I might have to make a few exceptions to this whole strictly second hand thing, and they are as follows:

1.  I may purchase my delicates, including socks tights, retail, which I do not think is unreasonable.

2.  I may purchase clothing items for others retail.  (Because not everyone appreciates a good thrift gift!)

3.  I may receive gifts that were purchased retail.  This may seem like I'm bending the rules a bit, but come on, I'm not going to turn down a perfectly good gift!

Rule number three brings me to today's topic: new boots.  I went out shopping with my mom today, and we stumbled upon these lovely dark brown suede cowboy ankle booties.  She wanted to get them for me, and I just couldn't say no.  I am seriously in love.  Seriously.  So thank you, mom, for the sweet gift, and hooray for rule number three!



Photos by Dan.

Wool blazer: thrifted (Banana Republic)
Cream blouse: thrifted
Jeans: J Crew outlet
Ribbon: Joann Fabrics
Boots: DSW
Purse: Banana Republic

6 comments:

  1. those boots are lovely. i think those exceptions to the rules are perfect. you wouldn't say no to a present, that would hurt someones feelings. also, used undies *vom*
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha vom, indeed! and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have just convinced me to do it! I didn't even realise it was a problem until my boyfriend (kindly) told me that is what wears out my shoes so fast!

    I'm trying for all secondhand too.. I bought a skirt a few months back from a chain store and sold it that night, I felt so bad and the lace was all scratchy and I just thought how much better it would be to have a vintage version.

    Adore this outfit! That neck tie is super cute!

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it doesn't count when someone else pays for it. good thing for mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rules are identical to mine (except I also allow myself to shop at vintage shops, because I like to support small businesses)! I've been shopping like this for nearly 2 years now, and I couldn't possibly be happier with the results.


    Although I've only been buying tights from American Apparel, because one of my main problems with stuff from new stores/chainstores is that it's made in sweatshops. I recently succumbed to a cute pair from a chainstore that were made in China, and regretted it as soon as I put them on and they laddered. It was a real lesson to me as to why it's still better to pay $30 for a pair of tights that will last for years.

    Anyway, I wish you luck! I promise it will be super easy and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blazer. fantastic pattern...

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)