Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspiration: Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing

I was driving to a book club this evening when "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" came on the radio, and I realized how much I'm yearning to get my annual Dirty Dancing fix.  It's one of those movies that I will never tire of.  I'm a shameless lover of chick flicks, and this one is such a classic!

I absolutely love Jennifer Grey's style in this film.  It's so simple, so feminine, and has a great 80's-meets-60's feel.  I'd love to get my hands on a sweater like the one pictured above, shorts like from the last photo, and belted dress like the second to last photo.  Also, I would like to mention the hair...I've always loved that hair!

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.


  1. "nobody puts Baby in the corner!" is one of my favorite quotes ever. you're a girl after my own heart!

  2. she really did have some great summer looks and She still gives me intense hair envy! I understand how you feel.

  3. I think I'm like a lot of girls; Dirty Dancing and I go way back! Six-year-old me was so in love and was so worried my parents would find out I had seen all that dirty dancing, lol.

  4. LOVE this film. I went to see the musical in london last year and they re create the costumes perfectly!!

  5. OOHH first vintage blog i seen :D LOVING IT


Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)