Friday, July 8, 2011

My Seafaring Family




Today was a very relaxing day, and I was fortunate enough to spend the whole afternoon vintage and thrift shopping.  I picked up the bracelet pictured above in a little jewelry shop on the main road in my town, and I found a couple of tops at the Salvation Army.  When I got home, my mom taught me how to hem.  I purchased a lovely little red and white gingham dress that really need shortening at a thrift shop awhile back, and she showed me how to do it.  I'm going to try hemming a skirt soon and see just how much I learned today.  Hemming seems to take quite a bit of patience, which I do not have all of the time.

Tonight my family (my mom, dad, brother, and I) had a family dinner and went for a boat ride.  My brother practiced driving the boat, and it was really nice to see him.  He's twenty-two and has an apartment in town, but I hardly ever see him.  He'll be a senior in college next year studying English, and it'll be interesting to see what he ends up doing when he graduates.

Dress: Gap
Belt: borrowed from Mom
Shoes: Liz Claiborne
Owl pin: vintage
Bracelet: vintage

7 comments:

  1. great outfit as per usual! I want to come thrift shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shape of this dress is too darling...and I love the red accents you paired with it, as well!

    Best of luck heming that skirt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be just like you. I would never have the patience to sit around and hem, let alone even sew. Can't wait to see what that skirt will look like after you do so!

    I also love that little owl brooch you have there. It's so subtle and darling at the same time. :)

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like so much your blog...
    we can follow each other let me know...
    xoxo2befab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a gorgeous day! I have to say I often cheat and hem on my machine... it doesn't look as nice as a hand-sew job, but sometimes I really don't care. It is super quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love denim paired with red so much. just perfect.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)